Looking for a great time in California without the big city crowd? Whether you’re a California native or a first-time visitor, Burbank contains a treasure trove of tours, venues, and family fun worth detouring from the usual Golden State stops. When planning your next visit to Burbank, consider these Top 15 things to do and see:
Home of The Walt Disney Company and Warner Bros. Studios, this unique neighborhood offers one-of-a kind experiences and legendary dining.
- Studio Tours – See the stage of “Jeopardy” and walk down the yellow brick road at the Sony Pictures Studio Tour. Get an interactive soundstage peek behind the scenes of your favorite TV shows at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour, and visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and survive King Kong in 360 3-D at Universal Studios.
- See a Free Taping of Your Favorite Show – See your favorite stars and attend a live taping of Conan O’Brien, Ellen, or Big Bang Theory.
- Legendary Burgers – Open 24 hours! Enjoy breakfast, burgers, desserts, and shakes at any time of day or night at the historic Bob’s Big Boy restaurant that has been a legendary hangout for celebrities and locals alike since 1949.
If you’re looking for some hip hangouts and quirky boutique shopping, this neighborhood is your destination.
- Boutique Shopping – Pick up a retro gift at Audrey K Boutique and search the racks of TV and movie props and wardrobes at It’s a Wrap.
- Theatre – See a newly developed play or catch a fantastic revival in a local, retro venue at the Victory Theatre.
- Pastries and Cakes – Please your tastebuds by stopping in at this Cuban-style bakery for an award-winning treat at Porto’s Bakery.
For sophisticated eats and a thriving nightlife, be sure to visit downtown Burbank.
- Comedy – Enjoy strong cocktails, delicious cuisine, and laugh the night away when you catch a national headlining comedian at Flappers Comedy Club.
- Live Music and Entertainment – Eat and drink under the stars on a fire-lit, rooftop patio while getting some of the best live entertainment in the city at Burbank Bar and Grille.
- Ballet – Witness a magnificent show of graceful dancers bringing musical pieces to life at the Pacific Ballet Dance Theatre.
- Golf – Play 18 holes at one of the most challenging courses in the area at Debell Golf Club and Canyon Grille, or tee off at the same course where greats like President Ronald Reagan and Bob Hope used to play at Lakeside Golf Club.
- Hike – Take your time on a 4 mile hike (2 miles up and 2 miles down) on the Wildwood Canyon Park trail. A sunset hike leads to spectacular lights of nearby LA by nightfall.
- Chandler Bikeway – Get out and enjoy the sunshine with a 2 mile jog, walk, skate, or bike ride along the Chandler Bikeway path lined with beautiful landscaping and public art.
- Summer Concerts – Lay down your blanket and settle in under the stars at the Starlight Bowl amphitheatre in the hills for some relaxing tunes.
Museums and Art
- Museums – Discover the American West through exhibits of Native American artifacts, historic firearms, and fine art at the Autry Museum.
- Art Gallery – For a unique gallery experience, visit Center Stage Gallery featuring works from talented artists in the film, video, and publishing industry.
Forget your same old vacation plans; visit Burbank today and make some memories!